Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Red Tie Affair

Meet Howard, usually around the intersection of Queen and Bathurst as well as in Alexandra park at Dundas and Bathurst. In the warmer weather he's notorious for often being shirtless wearing only a red neck tie. One afternoon this summer he passed by me with his shopping cart full of empty cans and bottles as I relaxed on a bench in the park.















I happily spared him a couple of bucks so he stuck around to to tell me a couple jokes and rant about his ongoing adventures some of which made more sense than others. I think I heard the word "jail" once or twice, but we won't get into that. Howard made my day with his enthusiastic demeanor In between talking he would impulsively burst into air guitar solos with sound effects included. Before he took off he offered me his protection should anyone "f#*k with me". I feel at ease knowing we have Howard around to lighten the mood in the neighborhood and keep things a little greener, he is a true rock star of the streets!

2 comments:

  1. It was a pleasure to meet Howard. Give him a smoke or a beer and he'll offer you a treat from his shopping-cart assortment of item he's "found".

    ReplyDelete